Channel Cabinets and parts for Singndance

MarkMc

Singndance asked how to make these. Turns out they were a bit more of a challenge than I first expected. Attached plan file with cabinets and parts used, another that was used to make the channel door symbols.

In general-draw molding profile for each channel, in blank plan draw a molding line and add profile (I also added stretchers to it) convert that to a door symbol.

You will use the door symbol as "side panel inset" in the cabinet. You have to mess with the origin and stretch areas-open the included symbols and study those things carefully.

Turns out that I also had to mess with the cabinet construction quite a bit. The sides are openings, there are panels (door symbols I had) inserted into the back, and the box construction is unusual to say the least.

The left, right and center cabinets are each slightly different. You can go from here.

Molding for Channel.png

Cabinet.png

Channel Doors.zip

Channels Caibinets w doors.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2017 at 4:28 AM, MarkMc said:

Thank you, MarkMc!  Wow!  I can't believe you went to all of that work to answer my question.  I will try to understand and make that work. (Only been on Chief for 6 months so am fussing with it a little bit.)  You're awesome!  Thank you!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I just add a separation at the locations I want for the C & J channels.  Then I adjust the overlay of the door and drawer fronts accordingly.  

It's not perfect because the separation isn't really recessed the additional amount of the channels - but it looks pretty good in 3D views as long as the cabinet color is darker than the doors and drawers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Not the same thing at all.  The "C" and "J" channels are actually recessed into the cabinet behind the doors and drawer fronts.

Ahhh.

I am not familiar with that detail.

So they are fixed to the cabinet and the door closes in front of them?