Screen porch under deck

jlcDesign

I have a client who wants me to build a deck and put a screen porch under it.  I'd likely keep the deck framing the way it is, but I'd fill it in with screens and whatnot, while putting a sloped "soffit" in the ceiling. I also want the footprint below to be a stone patio (polylines?).  I know I can do this with a zillion polylines, but my question is this: is there an easier way?  The attached pic shows two deck structures.  The one farthest is already there.  I want to build a room under the closest one (I think I'll set my walls to stack with the beam and posts, recessing it a little).  What say all you pointy-headed geniuses out there?  Many thanks in advance!

Kim under deck illust.01.jpg

Chief doesn't like you to build a " Room under a deck room" (actual error message) so I would approach it from the deck not being named a deck (just make it look like a deck "room" without the name. The build a room with a room specification dialog, under what appears to be a deck above it. The rest will depend exactly on how you intend to structurally build those rooms in the field. The screen room will just be a room with windows in it with their "glass" set to screen (I commonly use a glass block material set to emulate screen, you make the each glass block about an inch wide and the pattern set to 1" grid pattern and make the "glass block semi transparent by way of its properties tab. You make the "windows" aka screen panels with no casing so they look like panels.

DJP

Thanks, David.  I guess the downside to your method would be the lack of deck "framing".  I don't suppose that's the end of the world, as long as I achieve the aesthetic.  I guess using that method, I'd forego the double beam underneath and instead hang my 2x12 joists on a double rim and thru-bolt my posts into that.  Thanks for your input David!  I'm curious if anyone comes up with a plan B or C.  I always get great ideas on this forum.

You could try building deck first and then use straight railing walls on level below to create walls and or posts and beams. I named the room as Porch. Use windows for your your screens and change glass material to screen or create a custom and make it window or millwork. I used sliding window to make the door. Doors don't play well with railing walls.

SCREEN PORCH.jpg