Symbol Preview not working?

johnny

As far as I know it has always been that way.   Unfortunately, you have to close down the dialog box and then reopen it for any changes  to the bounding box or stretch planes to properly register.   We really should suggest that they fix that.   If more people knew how to use those settings then I suspect Chief would probably be hearing a lot more complaints. 

Interesting. So should this be called a bug?  Since the app typically functions correctly with live previews on other objects, is this an unintended problem that could be classified a bug? 

I'll tell you of all the locations an instant preview window would be helpful, this may rank at the top of the list for me personally.  I have to do some trial and error on this often.

Dermot, would you let us know if this should be reported a bug?

• Upvote 1

Dermot, would you let us know if this should be reported a bug?

It doesn't matter what I think.  If you think it's a bug, or even if you think it should work differently, then you should probably go ahead and report it to us.

I actually think it's a bug too because previews should almost always update when you make changes.  Isn't that the whole point of previews?  We might not get to it right away but we will certainly add it to our todo list.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Just resurrecting this old thread because I stumbled on a way to update the preview without closing out the dialog box.  if you toggle Show Origin after making your changes, the preview will properly update.  I guess I never noticed it before because I usually just toggle the Preview on before making any adjustments and then just leave it on.