Sign in to follow this  
Scottb

making stairs wider at the bottom. not flare

any easy way to make stairs like this?  Flare option doesn't work.

Inline image

IMG_0069.JPG

Scott,

How is the Flare Tool not working for you?  Are you using the edit handles after selecting that tool to adjust the ends of the stair?

• Upvote 1

Yes I am.  but the flare option only lets you go so far.  if you pull it too much, it rounds it.  Need to go from 6' wide to 9' wide.

maybe not.  I want a nice straight line from 6' to 9'.  it keep wanting to curve them. is there a way to turn that option off?

Try using the technique Dennis mentions in this thread.  I think its probably the best option...

Winders don't work.  You would think Chief would make this a lot easier.  The stairs don't turn which is what I can do with a winder.  I just need to angle each step.  

7 minutes ago, Scottb said:

Winders don't work.  You would think Chief would make this a lot easier.  The stairs don't turn which is what I can do with a winder.  I just need to angle each step.  

Winders will automatically cut to the walls...

Stairs.png

ok.  I'll have to play with that.  What level is your deck on and what level did you build the invisible walls.?

16 minutes ago, Scottb said:

ok.  I'll have to play with that.  What level is your deck on and what level did you build the invisible walls.?

Doesnt really matter what level you build on as long as your height are set correctly.  The stairs and walls should just be on the same level as each other.  Also...

You don't necessarily need to use invisible walls.  You could use any wall type (visible or not and displayed or not).  You just need to have walls of some sort in order to utilize that automated winder behavior.  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    s_anchia
    Newest Member
    s_anchia

• By Designer100
      1) Finished floor for this existing building is 36". The driveway in back is level with finish floor also. I cannot get the landscape all around to fill in under building and driveway. The drive slopes up to flat across as much as I have flat. The exist. H.C. ramp goes into a concrete porch. This is as-built plan and then I will design a restaurant on the first floor. 
      2) I cannot get u shaped stairs to work and land on the 2nd floor by the entry door.

I would appreciate any help in accomplishing what i need to do.

Thanks,

Newell 
      Moheb Building.plan

• By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.

• By Scharp
      I can draw stairs and see them in 3d but cant see them in 2d!  Please help me
    • By edos301
      Hello, I need help creating this specific balaced stair in chief architect premier x12. 
      The only thing i could think of was to manually create every step from slabs. I still need to corect some steps from plan view but at least the height and length are good - now how can i add the rails on the inside and outside walls?

Or maybe is wrongfully thought from the start; what is the simplest, smartest way to create this type of stairs?

• By Designer100
      Hey guys,

I ariginally had cable rails and now I cannot get stairs to go back to noarmal stairs. Ballusters are not showing and I need to deleter the cable rails that are showing up in specs. Stairs has been move from another part of floor plans. Proably something simple.

Can someone help?

Thanks for any help. 

Richie_house._La_OPT._2_02_17.2020.zip