Michael_Gia

3D Viewer in HD has red question marks where my masonry should be

I bet if this was Tuesday that would not happen.  Is that a custom material of chief default?  Maybe post the material and see if it is reproducible.

34 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I bet if this was Tuesday that would not happen.  Is that a custom material of chief default?  Maybe post the material and see if it is reproducible.

It's the first sunny and warm weekend of the year up here, that's why this is happening.

The material is attached in my post above.

It was a stock material that I had modified quite a while ago.  It works great in any render view or raytrace.  The problem is only in HD mode in the 3D Viewer.

Yup there seems to be and issue.  Not quite sure what it is though.  That would have been a great material for my outhouse.

3D Outhouse.JPG

The question mark material is a signal from the graphics engine that 3D Viewer is using that means the graphics engine isn't able to read the material correctly for some reason. I opened the image file associated with the texture (RocArt_off_white.bmp) in a graphics editing program and saved it off as a .png. In Chief, I modified the material to use the .png version of the texture instead of the .bmp version. Then, I exported the object to 3D Viewer again. The new model correctly displays the texture. 

We tend to see more problems with materials that reference .bmp files than .png files. If you run into a problem like this again, I'd recommend trying to replace any offending .bmp texture files with .png files. Nearly any simple graphics manipulation program should allow you to open the .bmp file and save it off as a .png.

I have attached the updated .png version of the texture.

RocArt_off_white.png

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much!  It is indeed the .bmp format causing the issue.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Chris and Welcome.  I think you deserve a point or two for that.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    VCeffects
    Newest Member
    VCeffects

• By Alisa_Dorado
      I'm having trouble with the 3D viewer app and google cardboard.

I have a Samsung S7 Edge, using Chief Architect 3d Viewer version 4.5.2.1317 and Google Cardboard D-Scope Pro VR headset. I have Chief Architect Interiors X9 on my computer at work. It runs Windows 7 Professional with i5-6500@ 3.2 GHz and AMD Radeon R7 350x Card. I've tried to use this app twice with two different VR headsets (The google cardboard I mentioned and an Oculus) and neither seems to be working properly. When I put the phone in the glasses, I can clearly see my rendering. But I cannot manipulate the rendering at all. I cannot move closer to it, or turn it, or "look around" it.
      Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or there is a support application needed to make it work properly.
      I'm able to see a menu button, which I can open with the glasses on, but I am unable to click VR Entry. 
      Screenshots attached.
      Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it?

Thanks!

• By ChiefArchitect
      Now Available - Chief Architect has a new 3D Viewer product that is a virtual reality viewer on mobile devices for 3D models exported from Chief Architect software.  The product is a Free app and runs under Apple iOS and Android.

Here's a brief 
       sample plan exported to the 3D Viewer

More information is on the website

To export a 3D Viewer model from Chief Architect you will need Chief Architect X8 Premier or Interiors, version 18.3.

Once you have prepared your model for export in Chief Architect it will package up your model (textures and all) and put it under your Chief Architect cloud account.

From your Chief Architect account, you can manage the sharing, deactivation, and deletion of plans you have exported from Chief Architect.  The current number of plans you can Share on the cloud has a limit of (3) files.  If you need more storage, you can contact Chief Architect sales and upgrade from the free to a paid cloud plan.

To share your plans with another 3D Viewer user, click the ‘Share’ button associated with the plan you would like to share. You will need to provide the Sharing code that appears in the console. Or, you can click the ‘Send’ button to generate an email that includes the Sharing code as well as instructions for obtaining 3D Viewer and creating a Chief Architect account.

Share your models with your clients using the 3D Viewer!