Custom Column - Won't make symbol

JECORMIER

Hey All-

Trying to make my own column using the following objects that I was following along on a video from CA Tutor.

BASE: Countretop w/ moulding

TAPER: CA Rectangle shape

TRIM: Pline Solids (top/bottom taper trim)

My issue: I cannot group select them all in plan view and make a new unit / symbol or add to library. When I group select all items I do not get a "square" to merge all items into a new unit like he does. What am I missing here?

Youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2C4IXfAvPI (Issue in question about 9:30 into video.)

Included snapshot and plan.

COLUMN.PNG

LATEST1.plan

Didn't watch the vid (but then again you didn't post the plan :)

Choices are

select the objects ONLY- no lines, no dimensions, no text, and nothing you don't want- make an architectural block.

OR

take a 3d view, turn off layers for everything you don't want. Sometimes that means you have to place things you do want on a new layer (like moldings)

then convert to symbol- select type and set stretch plane/zones, origin and see if your happy with the 2d block

Sorry, didn't see the plan- you had cad lines in your buildup. Those prevent blocking which requires ONLY 3D objects.

I had to replace the stone texture since got an error message here. Can easily replace it on your end. For the block you have to tab the block to get at the underlying object.

Library with symbol and block attached. Did not set sizing zones.

column.calibz