Wrong values in dimensions

madbaz

Hello everyone,

Please be gentle with me as it is my first post here.
This is my first contact with Chief Architect. I use metric in all designs so I have changed default imperial to metric at the very beginning, Unfortunately I cant get it to work properly. Having it set on "cm", first 5 meter wall i have placed on grid shows 5 000 000 units. This is like four zeros too many for my liking. I can still work on it but it is not comfortable reading values 2-3 times to make sure it is what I want it to be.
Is there any way to change resolution of displayed dimensions?

You can set up dimensions to your liking in the defaults for unit of measure and number of decimal places.Just double click the dimension button and it will take you to the default dbx. You should start with a metric template for your plan as well. Profile M is the default metric template.

That is exactly what i have done. I dont use templates, i start from scratch and i used the setting you mentioned. It did change to metric but no matter if I choose mm, cm, or m I have 1 million units displayed for one meter. How can I change that?

I thought so too but if you have a closer look at the picture i've attached in previous post, you will notice there is no decimals displayed. At that time I had 0 decimals set.

I would greatly appreciate any other ideas.