Aunttieem

Plan review with label question

Good Day All!  I think I have finally have it done!  It has been a while, but I have made some adjustments to our home plan.  I would love for anyone to take a peek and let me know how it looks for my first CA house plan. However, I do have a couple of  questions. Thank you all for all of the help you give us newbies!!

On the "plan view" in the foyer, there are two outlines of framing? or something?  One is a small rectangular box in corner near entry, and long triangle in the same area.  I can't seem to "click" on it to see exactly what it is and if it is really needed.  

Also, when I "show label" for windows (and doors) I get duplicate labels on 2017 floor plan set  I can''t seem to do anything but either turn completely off, or on with duplicates showing.  I would like to show type and schedule number on plan.  Just not sure where I have duplicated label.  

Thanks again!

KIM_and_BILL- FINAL- 2017 - Fanning St. - House.zip

You have 3 different sets of schedules in your CAD details. Eliminate the two unnecessary ones and it will only show one label. The lines you cannot click on appear to be the lines showing default ceiling height.

Thank you. Yes, I finally figured out schedule replicate. How do I get rid if ceiling defaults? Thank you so much.

The lines indicate where a roof plane is intruding into your room. If you remove (turn off the layer) of your dropped ceiling, you will see for yourself.

if you turn off the layer "Ceiling break lines" they won't show, it a line automatically created when the roof plane goes lower than the ceiling plate line.

Because you have soffits at the ceiling , you won't see it in 3d.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cwbhunter
    Newest Member
    cwbhunter

• By MarkDW
      It seems if the window schedules can calculate the rough openings by adding the 1/2 inch to the unit size... or whatever I set up in the framing option to be...  there's got to be a simple way to display the R.O. at each window... but how?

I know nothing about Ruby stuff nor creating text Macros. Do I need to use one of these? If so, how? I have no idea what to do! And three calls to CA tells me they aren't going to help. I'm rather frustrated!

I've seen a couple posts and even some code on a post and thought I would be able to make changes to it to get the outcome I want - but no luck. I'm doing something wrong, I guess. 

Here's an example of how I'd want the rough opening displayed (under each window)... R.O. 3'2 1/16" x 6'0 7/8"

In addition to the R.O., I'd also want the Andersen window name/code above, or below, the rough opening. Adding their specific window name/number is my next issue. Well... that, and figuring out how to get all their sizes/windows in the system!

Following is the code I found. If this is the code I need to use... can someone tell me how/where to apply it?

number = height + rough_opening_top + rough_opening_bottom
      divisor = 1/16.to_f
      a = ((number/divisor).round*divisor).divmod(12)
      feet = a[0]
      inches = a[1].floor
      if a[1].modulo(1) == 0
      fraction = ""
      else
      fraction = " #{a[1].modulo(1).rationalize}"
      end
      "#{feet}'-#{inches}#{fraction}\"".reverse.chomp("-'0").chomp(" 0").reverse.chomp("-0\"")
    • By djhplanning
      Has anyone else had this double inches mark showing up on your window labels?  I just upgraded to X10 and now have this showing up.  It was correct before the upgrade.

• By Kduke11
      Working with the annotations and when I change my plan from 1/4 to 3/16 I have everything working great except the labels. They are just that label. Am I missing something here?? I want my labels to change from 1/4 to 3/16 as well when I change my "Active Annotation Set Control". Is there a way to do this??
    • By Jedjewel
      Hello,

We have a single story house plan nearly complete in Home Designer Pro 2014.  We are at a point we need to partner with a professional to finish the plan (for sure the roof needs work), ensure the structure is safe and meets local regulations, etc.  My thinking is that an architect currently using Chief would make this process much more effiencient due to the software compatability.  Is this a proven approach?  If you are qualified to assist, please send me your information and I'll give you a call.  

Thank you,
      Julie