Convert Polyline ONLY ONE option

Skubacb

Hello,

Going nuts.  Have my terrain perimeter drawn as per online instructions. (GA9)

But when I go to Convert Polyline there is only one option  - Spline.

I cannot find anyway to have any other dialog show up.  Been trying to get this looking on line etc for the last 4 hours.  

Would appreciate any help.

If this tool  58c8acb98938f_ConvertPolylineTool.JPG.44433dbf35367aecb08c778688fe8c40.JPG  Is not working you likely do not have a closed polyline.  You can also create an auto terrain perimeter with two clicks, Terrain> Create Terrain Perimeter and then edit it to what you want.  Or post your plan file and Eric will help you out.

Yup that is your problem you will not have a terrain perimeter in cad detail.  You can draw a polyline and call it a property line but if you want a 3D terrain perimeter it will have to be in plan view.

To expand on what Chopsaw said...Your problem is that you are trying to convert your polyline in a CAD detail.  A CAD detail cannot contain anything other than CAD work so there's nothing to convert the polyline TO.  In order to get the tool you're looking for you'll need to first cut or copy and paste that polyline into a normal plan view.. 

Ok, I understand.  In a Chief video I followed what they said to do.

With all the work drawing the plot layout with the county data and drawing in the elevation lines.  I just don't know where to go from here to save and use the data.

Edit: Will try the cut copy paste.

6 minutes ago, Skubacb said:

Ok, I understand.  In a Chief video I followed what they said to do.

With all the work drawing the plot layout with the county data and drawing in the elevation lines.  I just don't know where to go from here to save and use the data.

Just copy and paste back into the plan and then rotate into position. 

Ok, thank you.  All this time I thought I had done something wrong.  Will have to look at that Chief video again to see what I did wrong.

But very happy to be moving forward again.  Boy is there a bunch of learning to do with this program!!!