ericepv

Automatically generated wall won't go away

While drawing the roof planes for this project, Chief generated another wall that runs across the living room (floor 2) that I have been trying to delete. At the suggestion of tech support, I highlighted the wall and unchecked "No Room Definition" & "No Locate" but that does nothing (the boxes keep rechecking themselves and the wall won't delete). This new wall also is preventing me from selecting the living room & opening the dialog box (but not the other rooms) so that I can correct the floor elevation that was thrown off by the new wall.

Ant ideas? Plan is attached.

Eric

4000 Woking Way.zip

On the 2nd floor, select all the walls and uncheck No Room Definition.

Delete the wall.

ericepv 1.jpg

That is an attic wall.,

Do what Eric said.

Andy.

Ah Ha! There was one wall in the Living Room where this box was check, problem solved. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Camian
    Newest Member
    Camian

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By KirkHodgson
      I'm looking to make my retaing wall larger than the terrain heights.
      In the instructions in this page, https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00652/changing-the-height-of-a-retaining-wall.html
      I did all the steps, but the last point. In section/elevation, when I try to click the retaining walls, nothing happens. I don't get boxes or any selection at all.
      What is happening that I can't make this selection?
      I want to make my wall 6" above the grade/terrain elevation, and I want to drop the foundation of the wall by 24". How do I do this?

Please assist.
      Thank you.

• By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael

• By blueriver
      I'm using Chief Architect Premier X11

I have all these little 'X's can someone please tell me how to get rid of them?  I've been really playing around with the roof and i THINK they are from that but at the same time i have a couple random ones outside where the roof is -- i cannot get them to go away. Help!

thanks in advance
      Lauren