rodhealydesign

2nd storey flooring appearing through roof

Hi guys

Having some with my two storey roof, which is based on a cape cod roof.

I have posted pics of the process, the issue I get is the 2nd storey flooring appears through the roof (last pic). I'm scratching my head on this one.

Regards,

Rod

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.16.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.16.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.16.33 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.33.43 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.34.53 pm.png

Looks like your roof is building too low, or your 2nd floor walls need to be moved in.

rodhealydesign 1.jpg

If you leave auto build roofs on as long as possible their heights will be very close the desired heights after all floors are built to their proper heights.

If it is a "2 story" and you have room definition up there, make the room type an attic and will probably fix the problem.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JennieT
    Newest Member
    JennieT

• By SPSEngineering
      Hi, I am trying to continue the exterior wall up to the dormer. When I exploded the auto dormer and extended the roofline it cuts off the gutter and eave boxes. I don't know if there is a better method for this or an easy fix, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance. 

• By stanlee92218
      Let me start off by saying I am NOT an architect of any sort. My husband and I are building a house and I keep changing the floor plans. I cannot visualize anything on paper and we don't have anyone in our area that does these 3D renderings. I downloaded the trial to give it a shot myself and play around with changes before sending them to our architect. I watched a webinar the other week and I have watched video after video. However, I still cannot get the roof as I need it. I can't get it all connecting with the gable ends on the left and right ends of the house. I haven't been able to figure out how to add the additional window on the 2nd floor in the middle of the house. I know this is a rough sketch and its not all exactly the way our floor plans are, I am just trying to figure out how to get the exterior (mainly the roof) to work out as I have so far had good luck with all of the interior work. Any help and tips are greatly appreciated. 

on our main floor, we have 9' ceilings, cathedral ceiling in the great room that is open above, and 8' ceilings upstairs. 

• By amydutton
      How do I put a roof return on this roof? Can't find a video about it anywhere on the Chief Website... is there another name for it?

See attachment, and where I drew in black.

• By MrGlenn
      I am building an Art Studio for my wife and one part of the Studio will have a 2 x 12 Pitch Roof and the other part tying into it will be a 4 x 12 Pitch and I am not a Master Carpenter so I am needing information on what and how to bring them together