MsChiefColette

Searching library - descriptions seem limited

Warning - I am a relatively new user.  I am surprised that I have to scroll through all the items to find something specific.  For instance, I can type in table and get a long picture list of tables,  but I can't type in small round table.   Am I missing something?  Are there not multiple descriptions on each item to make the searching quick and easy?

In ChiefArchitect software Library Item does not have a description:

It has

a) name

b ) keywords

c) styles.

I may be wrong on that one, but I though that prior to future release X9, item folder  name is not even part of the search.

Library is a little rigid with Chief and slow sometimes. Its the weakest thing about a "great product" . I just decided to get over the little issues. I love the program to much to complain I am afraid they will take it away from me and then my five year old daughters toy allowance  gets slim. I have little blue dots of corrupted files I need to talk to tech about, The library will not allow me to delete them. I had data files from several past updates and I think things got a little messed up. I keep anything from 3d warehouse I use in a separate folder on my PC and fetch them when I need them. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WhiteTimber
    Newest Member
    WhiteTimber

• By Rachel1965
      My library browser work, however when I select an item to be placed on my floor place it will not be there for me to place?

• By ChiefuserDRB
      I am having an issue with the Library Browser where even when the top left Icon and in the view tab icon is show with a check mark to indicate being open but there is no sign of the Library Browser actually popping up on my screen or right sidebar, next to the Project Browser, as I have used it before. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing a setting that would hide the Library Browser or does this sound like a glitch/issue?
    • By JeremyKing
      I was wondering if anyone has ever built a script that loads a folder full of additional libraries that were downloaded to your machine instead of spending time clicking on each library.  I am a teacher and have 27 machines and its very hard to keep all of the libraries on all of the machines for the students to browse, and I dont want to have them click and run every single one.  I am looking for a one stop file that does this for them.

Any help would be great.  

Thanks
    • By Chief_Content
      We are excited to have offered yet another selection of great catalog brands in the first quarter of 2018!

If you haven't had an opportunity to browse or download them yet, look for these latest additions:
      Brizo Federal Brace Mutual Materials Rev-A-Shelf Sub-Zero Wolf  
      We are also working with Custom Wood Products, who has committed to developing and maintaining their own cabinet catalog. Although you cannot download the catalog directly from the 3D Library, a Chief Architect compatible catalog is available through their dealer network. 

We have a number of great catalogs and updates in the works and on the way. Stay tuned!
    • By Chief_Content
      Summer came and went in a flash, it seems!

Here are some of the additions to library catalogs on the 3D Library since our last notification:
      Brand Catalogs
      Diamond Kote Building Products Stanisci Design Dean Column Co. Cactus Stone  
      Bonus Catalogs
      Cabinet Feet, Legs, and Bases Storage No.5 Lockers and Mailboxes Storage No.4 Nightstands, Vanities and Dressers Materials High-Resolution Grass Beds No.5 Backdrops  
      Request that your favorite brands are included as downloadable catalogs by posting on their Facebook Page Wall. Make sure that you tag @ChiefArchitect so that we get the notification!