Custom selection button?

johnny

I've seen some make custom toolbar buttons, but I was curious if it was possible to create "select similar" commands and assign to a custom button?

For instance I often select all the roof planes, and there are a couple ways to select all the roof planes at once...but would love a custom button for that.  Also, I like to draw profile lines over my elevations and sections and would love a method to quickly select all the lines with a certain thickness (one that i use often). 

So that I dont cause confusion, I realize I can do a "match properties" operation but some specific things I repeat often and would love to assign that operation (with ore-defined criteria) in a single button.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a similar option too, I have seen it in action on other platforms

Select the object tool "Roofs" while selected hit ctrl+a to select all roofs at once.

Same for walls, windows, doors, etc. select its objet tool "interior wall" hit ctrl+a, done.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jorgearaya said:

I am looking for a similar option too, I have seen it in action on other platforms

Select the object tool "Roofs" while selected hit ctrl+a to select all roofs at once.

Same for walls, windows, doors, etc. select its objet tool "interior wall" hit ctrl+a, done.

Actually, Chief works almost exactly like that already.  Select your desired tool and then marquis select everything in any given area(s)  while holding down the shift  or control and only those particular object types will be selected.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I took a few minutes to revisit this and just like I have thought, and requested in suggestions before, the selective tool does not fully work yet.

Select the 110v from the electrical toolset, shift drag a marquee, see what you get!! 

It would be nice to just Ctrl+A after selecting the desired tool to multiple select all items at once.