Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheCheeriosKid
    Newest Member
    TheCheeriosKid

• By HGran83
      Hi, we have a split level home with 2 (meaning double) 2 x 4 exterior walls with a 3.5” air gap in between them for a total (rough) wall thickness of 10.5”. The home has 3 separate roof heights, all with a 5:12 pitch. The home is in central Minnesota (the reason behind the thick walls). I’m just getting started with Home Designer Pro and not sure how to start. I’ve watched some videos, but nothing that would help duplicate our wall design. Do you have some training materials that would help, or someone who could get it started on the software? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • By intendo
      The red arrows point to the problem area.
      The outside wall and interior wall at the closet intersect with the valley where the two roof planes intersect.
      The interior of the room creates an attic wall (with exterior siding) above the closet (NOTE: Ceiling was removed to get image)
      The plan view shows where the roof planes intersect at the valley. I have the same problem on the other side of the house because it is symmetrical.
      The plan is too large (65MB) but here is the model (https://3d-viewer.chiefarchitect.com/go?share=543146417714334).

Any suggestion on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

• By ChiefWhataChuck
      Civil engineer asked for roof plan. Currently. I have been able to display roof plains by floor level with slope markers. However, being it is a two level home...how do I display a complete roof for a layout plan? Along with dimensions for roof rain displacement calculation?