DougMaddox

Text size on line labels

Must be a simple answer, but how do I change the font size of the line labels.  See attached.

Doug

Text size.jpg

I'm guessing, but I think the complete response would be to create a new annotation set to place that site plan on which would have its own cad layer, and then change its text style.  

Otherwise you will be changing your default text style associated with the cad default in your plan. - much misery....

(Assuming that was what seemed to be a site plan.)

Michael,

That is basically what I did.  Added a new text style and a new annotation set.  Thanks all for your help.

Doug

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RGerbig
    Newest Member
    RGerbig

• By CARMELHILL
      Does anyone know how to change the size of the text your writing in the text entry field of the Standard Text Specification dialogue box? I mean the visible text your in the process of typing, not what goes onto the drawing. I know this was discussed once before when someone was changing to a newer monitor size, but I've searched the forum and can't find it. It's not in the Preferences. It always seems so small, especially when you're display resolution is up pretty high.

See attached.

• By Fbgdesign
      In X8 (and happened in others before) if I move a Chief file from one computer to the next sometimes some of my general plan notes, labels, etc wont all be visible. Meaning if I have the word 'Living Room' I may only be able to see the partial word 'Living Ro'...etc. until I manually drag the box wider to expose the rest of the label. Is there a default or something that is changing the text box size? Same text is being used on both computers and it doesnt change the size or type of font that Im aware of. It just changes the box so that the entire words arent being exposed. Is there a way to get them back to normal besides going through each label and expanding? Thanks!!!
      Well after posting the question I did find another thread that discussed the same issue and seems to be the consensus that people see it happen and no one knows how to fix it besides just resizing every time?...Thanks....
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      Sometimes dimensions and/or length and angle labels of CAD lines are skewed or offset from where they are supposed to be on the dimension line or the CAD line. This only happens in CAD details. A lot of times it prints correctly anyway, but I would like to see it in plan and layout view correctly so I know if I need to fix anything. Does anybody know what could be wrong and how to fix it? A picture is attached. I am using X5. It doesn't happen all of the time. On this plan, the lines are parallel, but not straight up and down. Could that have something to do with it?

Thanks!
      Lee

• By leapfrog
      Hi there,

I'm using home designer pro and preparing a number of drawings for council approval here in Australia. One of my drawings is a "Site plan" showing terrain and footprint of a house. I have created layout files in A3 format and sending plan to layout. The problem I'm having is that the dimensions on the drawing are too small to read on the layout. I found the minimum dimension size setting under preferences and apperance which did exactly what I wanted it to do in the plan view, but as soon as I "send to layout" the dimensions revert to being small again.

What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached to screen shots one in plan view and one in layout view