Roof Trusses doing the side shuffle

ShaneK

This is a current project and today while working HVAC and plumbing my roof trusses jumped off the building. When I opened layout I noticed the trusses had shifted in 3d view only, 2d cad view normal. All repaired ( delete/rebuild) but can some one explain why this took place and I was doing NO ROOF  work. I gutted file so it was not such a large download. Plan file is 89 MB and even zipped too big to upload. 3d framing overview shows issue

Truss Issue - Gutted.zip

post-4392-0-59224500-1477852628_thumb.png

Reply from tech support:

Looking at your plan, it appears that the trusses have not yet been rebuilt to accommodate changes that have been made to their position in the Floor Plan. To correct this, group select your trusses, and then click Open Object from the bottom left edit toolbar, put a check next to ‘Force Truss Rebuild’ and then click OK. Now all of the selected trusses should have rebuilt and should be at the correct location if you open a 3D view.
I hope this information is helpful,

Alex Parenti
Chief Architect Technical Support

It worked and that was the 1st time I've ever used the "Force rebuild" in the truss dbx. Now I know what its for, when your trusses jump off your plan this tool fixes it.

After thinking a minute Johnny answered it, adding a kingpost forced a truce rebuild.