Tool Bar Disappearances

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs,

I have been regular trouble with my toolbar disappearing. I will open Chief, sometimes after I shut everything down and restart, and when I go to open any plan or layout file, the toolbar is gone completely. I check and the tool bars are activated in the view drop down. I have to then "reset toolbars" in preferences, and I loose my hot keys. I realize I can just reload the hot keys but it is pretty annoying. Any reason why this might be happening?

Thank you for your help!

AB 

Hi Chiefs,

I have been regular trouble with my toolbar disappearing. I will open Chief, sometimes after I shut everything down and restart, and when I go to open any plan or layout file, the toolbar is gone completely. I check and the tool bars are activated in the view drop down. I have to then "reset toolbars" in preferences, and I loose my hot keys. I realize I can just reload the hot keys but it is pretty annoying. Any reason why this might be happening?

Thank you for your help!

AB 

Yeah,  I get it,  the tool bars changing.  I do not have an answer.  It is probably something you are doing wrong...  I guess.....  and it must of been something I was doing wrong when I experienced the same issues.  

I no longer care about the tool bars....  I use hot keys......  sorry I can't be of more help,  but I understand the frustration.  Maybe  someone else has an explanation.  This issue has been going on for years.

• Upvote 1

With CA closed, you can rename the Toolbars folder, in the CA folder, to something like

'Old Toolbars'.  The next time you start CA, the program will recreate the Toolbars folder

and you are good to go, albeit with default tools.

I have not done this for a while but I think it still works.