roof dormer help needed

brian-sdesign

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. At some point in this project the auto roof dormer tool stopped working. It would add a dormer but the front wall will not show. I've tried drawing walls in manually and they show up correct but as soon as I put a dormer roof over the new dormer walls, the walls disappear in all elevation and 3d views. Got to be something simple but I'm stuck.

File attached. I'm trying to add a dormer between the entry and right side gable as viewed from the front (front is the left side in plan view)

Schricker House - Current - garage remain2.plan

Not enough time to look at your plan now, but recently I had problems with auto dormer too.

learned to set the wall height in the dormer DBX, to something short like 12" to get 

the thing to show in camer view, and make them taller from there .

If the walls are too high, the thing will not show in any view other than plan.

• 1 month later...

I'm still having trouble with this. The client wants to add a new dormer and I've tried manual as well as auto dormer. The walls won't show in any views other than plan. I cut a hole in the roof and I can see a few inches of wall before it gets cut. Not sure what's going on? It's almost like the wall is trimming to a roof 

Okay, I've been fighting this for days and as soon as I posted the plan I figured part of it out. I've got a portion of the ceiling below raised as a tray ceiling. For some reason as soon as I delete this the dormer walls work as expected. The problem is I need to keep a raised ceiling AND have a dormer. Maybe someone can recommend an alternate solution?

Anybody? I'm starting to think moving the roofs up to floor 2 was a mistake. I have not seen this done in any example videos and I just finished watching several on Chief tutor. Anyway I've got them working but if I try to add the trey ceiling below the attic my dormer walls disappear.