Exporting CA Project

CBuserIndia

I want to design room in Chief Architect (Interior) & then export/give project to someone who uses Sketchup. The Sketchup guy wants to generate 2D Floorplan, 2D Elevations, 2D Ceiling. Sketchup guy has to generate all 2D drawings & create PDF file. I do not care about texture/colours in this case, however I do need measurements

Which file format should I export inside CA ?
Will this be single file, I export in CA & give it to Sketchup ?
Are there any other free softwares where CA project can be imported & all 2Ds could be viewed ?

the HD products are very limited in features etc

the Chieftalk forum is primarily for Chief Premier users

you should probably ask your question on the Hometalk forum

look under MENU - FILE - EXPORT for your available export formats

I think you would need to use .DXF format

Lew

Export using DAE.  Strip a copy of your model of all furniture, fixtures, materials, etc., etc. before exporting.  You export from a 3D Perspective Full Overview camera.  SketchUp handles DAE (Collada) flawlessly, so your guy should have few issues.

• Upvote 1

Export using DAE.  Strip a copy of your model of all furniture, fixtures, materials, etc., etc. before exporting.  You export from a 3D Perspective Full Overview camera.  SketchUp handles DAE (Collada) flawlessly, so your guy should have few issues.

Hello Jon, what do you mean when you say "Strip a copy of your model of all furniture, fixtures, materials". Please explain.

Thanks for help