Sumnerbc

Historic Building Trim

I need help on how to do something similar to this picture.  I have a client that wants to restore this downtown building and I need to figure out on how to show the decorative trim at the top of the roof.  Any ideas?

post-7362-0-00343900-1476215356_thumb.jpg

You should ask questions in the Q&A Forum.  This Forum is where people post their Tips on how to do something that might not be obvious.

But to answer your question:

It's not going to be easy.  You will need to create a series of 2D Molding Profiles & 3D Molding Symbols and add them to a Molding Polyline.  You will also need some additional Symbols for the ends and for the "Lintels" over the windows.

All of the above would probably be easiest to create in SketchUp but they could be created in Chief using a variety of Solids and PSolids.

• Upvote 1

Make sure you get enough money for that one.

Put the image on a background layer . Use a p solid overlay. Make the p solid glass so you can see the image behind it. Make your p solid a 3d molding poly line. Or a molding.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MRC07013
    Newest Member
    MRC07013

• By ChristinoDesign
      We're trying to figure out how to change the angle of pendent lights on vaulted ceilings. When we create the ceiling angle, the lights follow and aren't angled properly. How do we change the lights so they go vertical rather than at a tilt?
    • By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By josiemlittle
      Hello, I’m needing help lowering the roof. I’m trying to make a 50x80x16 shop with the pitch lower than the default gable height. I’m new to this and I’m hoping this software will help build our dreams on our farm. I want the look of the attached photo with the front being the 80 ft side. 

• By amydutton
      How do I put a roof return on this roof? Can't find a video about it anywhere on the Chief Website... is there another name for it?

See attachment, and where I drew in black.

• By MichaelaS
      Looking for a way to add window and door toppers for interior millwork.