Sumnerbc

Historic Building Trim

I need help on how to do something similar to this picture.  I have a client that wants to restore this downtown building and I need to figure out on how to show the decorative trim at the top of the roof.  Any ideas?

post-7362-0-00343900-1476215356_thumb.jpg

You should ask questions in the Q&A Forum.  This Forum is where people post their Tips on how to do something that might not be obvious.

But to answer your question:

It's not going to be easy.  You will need to create a series of 2D Molding Profiles & 3D Molding Symbols and add them to a Molding Polyline.  You will also need some additional Symbols for the ends and for the "Lintels" over the windows.

All of the above would probably be easiest to create in SketchUp but they could be created in Chief using a variety of Solids and PSolids.

• Upvote 1

Make sure you get enough money for that one.

Put the image on a background layer . Use a p solid overlay. Make the p solid glass so you can see the image behind it. Make your p solid a 3d molding poly line. Or a molding.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChoiceBuilders
    Newest Member
    ChoiceBuilders

• By HibjurOnline
      Hey All,
      Please help me to create roof over a floor without walls but with only beam/pillars. I want it to be open terrace but covered from above.
      Thanks!
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have a soffit that just wants to be angled. I auto created the roofs and this happened. So I deleted that part and made my own - same thing. So I mirrored the rear roof at 45 into place - same thing. I have included the plan - anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

SND1833 Norm Jones Residence.plan
    • By OnlineBuilder2
      Is there a quick way to do this roofline? I tried putting another level above but its not working. I've done this years ago but can't get it now

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am trying to put together a floating deck on top of a roof patio. As soon as I draw the deck it cut a hole in the roof slab. How can I achieve to show the deck?
    • By Designer100
      can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam
      CA 12
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Patio Remodeling.plan