more camera view issues and need help asap! Please!

jessde

Go to solution Solved by jessde,

X5 windows 7pro

Finished up exterior views last night. Printed PDF shots of exterior elevations and all ok.

This morning I pull up my file, checked a camera view and the image was miniscule! Can't zoom it up and all camera views result in the same small image.

Other files are fine.

I see printed at the bottom of each view that there are 11,000 or more surfaces processed.

Is that a clue?

Thanks loads to anyone who can help.

Jess

My best guess is that you have something that is far away from the rest of the model.  You can usually find these things by turning on all layers and zooming out to find it.

Another thing that I have seen cause this is when you get a "shark fin" or "flag pole" in your model.  These can be caused by bad facias or wall connections or other things.

I am going to assume that you are using an overview camera.  I don't think you will have the problem using a full camera.

• Upvote 1

• Solution

Ok Wheew got it. There was a small object , no clue what it actually was, distant to my camera that I noticed when trying to zoom. I deleted it and low and behold, all seems to be fine now.

If anyone has any thoughts to share that might clarify this I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Jess

Glad you found it. In the past, I have had people that had the same problem but like only on one floor which means that the problem was on that one floor. Never could find it trying everything. I have discovered how to fix a plan if this happens and you can't find the culprit. Sometimes, if the object is real small and a million miles away, you'll never be able to find it. If this ever happens, let me know and I'll tell you a way you can recover things back to normal. One of my little secrets.

A trick I sometimes use is to turn on all of the layers and then use "select all" (control-a).  If there is an object way out in Timbuktu, the select all will pick it up and then you can zoom in on the corners to find it and delete it.  You sometimes have to do this on each floor. 

Guess this is my day for glitches.

I've tried to send replies thanking everyone for their help and expertise but can't seem to post. Hope this goes through. Maybe they'll end up being repeats .

Anyway I certainly appreciate the quick responses . Maybe I'll get a productive day after all. :)

Thanks everyone.

I trick I sometimes use is to turn on all of the layers and then use "select all" (control-a).  If there is an object way out in Timbuktu, the select all will pick it up and then you can zoom in on the corners to find it and delete it.  You sometimes have to do this on each floor. 

That never seemed to work for me,  your solution  makes sense,  it just did not seem to work for me.

......... If this ever happens, let me know and I'll tell you a way you can recover things back to normal. One of my little secrets.

Wow,  it sure would be nice of you to share your little secret with the rest of us......  that is what this forum is about,  sharing.......