ucitsme

joining of intersecting walls

I am using Chief Architect X7. Why don't all the walls join up as a solid when I try to join an internal wall perpendicular to a point where two external walls meet? There seems to be a gap extending from the base of the 200mm wide internal wall where it meets the 300mm wide external walls. I am tracing over a pdf but it seems to be the same when free-drawing also. See attached image.

post-13549-0-40967900-1472062326_thumb.png

Please find attached - I have marked the area that the issue is occurring with a revision cloud, towards the bottom left corner of the plan.

Main Plan.plan

I opened plan and it looks fine, plan view and 3d.

post-4392-0-08603500-1472123927_thumb.png

post-4392-0-19448500-1472123936_thumb.png

post-4392-0-39495700-1472123944_thumb.png

This is what I see in X7:

post-95-0-81120600-1472129826_thumb.png

You can sort-of fix it using the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool:

post-95-0-66886700-1472129871_thumb.png

...however you see that the drywall intersection is still wonky (I turned off Walls, Main Layer Only to show this).

If you upgrade to X8, things get a little better:

post-95-0-46350200-1472129936_thumb.png post-95-0-88833000-1472129979_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

CA improves with each version and here's the proof.

• Upvote 1

This is what I see in X7:

attachicon.gifWallsX7.PNG

You can sort-of fix it using the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool:

attachicon.gifWallsX7fixed.PNG

...however you see that the drywall intersection is still wonky (I turned off Walls, Main Layer Only to show this).

If you upgrade to X8, things get a little better:

attachicon.gifwallsx8.PNG attachicon.gifwallsx82.PNG

rlackore - Although I followed your advice using the 'edit wall layer intersections tool' and turned off walls - main layer only - I still see that triangular gap. Is it possible for you to post your file so I can see exactly how you did it. It's driving me mad!