Designer100

Gable Roof Entry issue and coffered ceiling

All I like in finishing revising this prelim. is 2 issues. I would appreciate any help.

1,  I need a catheral ceilng and gable all the way thru Front porch Entry, grand hall, and rear verand. When I break wall at front of porch. hit on it to make gable. I get wierd effect on left and cannot solve the issues.

2. I also need a coffered ceilng and different angels whole open room of great room, diing, breakfast and kitchen to 14 ft ht with 10 ft plat. I cannot figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been trying to solve these 2 issues for 1 1/2 days.

Thanks,

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

walker plan.zip

All I like in finishing revising this prelim. is 2 issues. I would appreciate any help.

1,  I need a catheral ceilng and gable all the way thru Front porch Entry, grand hall, and rear verand. When I break wall at front of porch. hit on it to make gable. I get wierd effect on left and cannot solve the issues.

I know that some people may get into a tizzy over this, but why can't you just manually draw your roof? Chief can't read my mind. I find that even though the "automatic" features are/can be useful, a lot of the times they don't produce the results I need/want. I never use automatic roof, or foundations. Are you proficient enough to use the roof tools without chief's automatic roof tools? I would highly suggest doing that, then use the ceiling plane tools to get your vault. 

Ross, I can't argue with that other than I will use the auto roof as a start then modify from there, it's just faster for me.

• Upvote 1