basilbabaa

Members
  • Posts

    164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by basilbabaa

  1. My CA keeps crashing for some reason, so I need to save with almost every change. Is there a way to save an elevation view without having to close not and it prompt you to save it?
  2. Any such thing as a format painter for text in CA?
  3. Is there a way to import this file and separate the items contained in it into individual components? https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=235e3e3ac2f620a43bd5bed2701d5593
  4. How do you rotate a symbol in 3D views? For instance I take a place a beam in Plan View. It is set and shows horizontal in 3D, but I want to angle it up at a 1:12 pitch, or turn it to where it stands up at 90 degrees even.
  5. Sorry Joe, I imported the .skp as a symbol, and I'm quite the novice with this stuff... Can you possibly clarify...? I'm not sure what you mean by display it in Chief... When highlighting it in plan or 3D views and choosing , convert to symbol, convert to symbol is greyed out. I did manage to manually add impose a light source onto of the object, but I'df like to make the symbol contain the light source permanently. If not easy for a novice, then I'll make due... Thanks.
  6. Thanks so much! And so now... Is there a way to edit the object in CA and add actual light data to it? Or some other way to cast light from them?
  7. Anywhere to locate a symbol... something like this?
  8. No one else experiencing Raytace slow downs in X8?
  9. So what happened in X8? Takes forever to export and then Trace in X8 compared to same model in X7? Settings some where that can put performance back to that in X7?
  10. We are selling Red Iron Steel Structures with finished out office interiors (Like the photos attached) Can someone assist/advise as to how to draw the Red Iron Structure in CA? Specifically the exterior Post and Beams construction for the walls with vertical steel siding? Are there any Library items available for purchase for Red Iron elements? Thanks, Basil 201606210921 (dragged).pdf
  11. How can I rearrange Layout Page Order? I want to be able to click and drag to rearrange the order of layout pages. Surely this is possible somehow, yes?
  12. How can I create wall types and rafters types to enable me to layout carports from Tube Steel and Metal? Like these: (See Attached) I am trying to create walls and rafters @ 12 Gauge 2.25" tubular steel 4' OC. But cannot seem to get the process as I am unfamiliar with how to do and best approach. Thanks for any suggestions and any detail offer-able, as I am new to this.
  13. Will this justifiably improve Raytracing? OK. So, I currently have a Macbook Pro with a Quad Core 2.8 Ghz Processor. I was thinking about purchasing a new Mac Pro in one of the following configurations: 3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache -or- 3.0GHz 8-core with 25MB of L3 cache -or- 2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache A few questions: Would there be a considerably noticeable improvement in Raytrace rendering speeds over my current Quad Core Macbook Pro? Is it quantifiable? +25%? +50%, faster etc? Which configuration is the better choice for Raytracing? Faster speed and fewer cores or more cores and slower speeds? or perhaps the middle of the road? Anyone running a Mac Pro currently that can comment on this?
  14. When using the Build Fence Tool, once the fence is in place, how do you add a gate to it?
  15. Ray, thanks. After your response I stripped out all background apps and found the offenders. Chief Architect does not cooperate well with BetterSnapTool or Popclip. Excluding/Disabling ChiefArchitect from these apps resulted in stable operation. I appreciate you confirming for me that the latest build is functioning properly. Best.
  16. Whenever editing the front of a base cabinet specification, entering the Front - Face Items dialog to add/delete and rearrange items up and down, CA7.3.2.2OSX becomes immediately unresponsive with the Spinning Wheel, forcing me to have to Force Quit the application. I have rebooted my Mac and nothing seems to help with this issue. Any suggestions before opening a support ticket? Model Name: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 16 GB OSX 10.11.1 Thanks.
  17. Thanks Guys! Never had that before... And just started all of a sudden. Maybe I accidentally changed a default somewhere. But that got it!
  18. Been working with roof design for hours. All of a sudden, i am getting this ghosting of what appears to be the roof decking material? Any ideas? Only appears in Perspective full overviews, NOT in Full Camera angle shots. Thanks.
  19. Thanks Larry. This is the only wall not cooperating. I manually moved it as you suggested. Only one wall fortunately to contend with here. All the others behaved.
  20. I'm sure this is a quick solution... How can I get auto-generated Gable walls to align with the wall beneath? Thanks,
  21. Well... I will say this... As awesome as CA is, I have noticed many things going on under the hood, and things Do JUST change themselves because of something we do elsewhere without our necessarily knowing or realizing all the potentially impacted things that can go on... Perhaps more communication from the app would be in line? But then again, I don't want to be dbx'ed to death either...
  22. I managed to create my own multi level-floor room which CA actually sees as 2 rooms. See attached. Never-the-less, this message issue has nothing to do with a multi-level room, this message appears in single level rooms as Larry originally pointed out. I was able to determine in my own plan however that unchecking the following options, makes that cryptic message no longer show and the options are then available again for editing. On Level 1 - Uncheck "Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below" -or- On Level 0 - Uncheck "Room Supplies Floor for the Room Above" It is important to NOTE that after unchecking these options, you MUST close and reopen the dialog box in order for the message to be removed and for editing options to become available again. These options do not dynamically affect what is going on in the dbx. As to why the message is constructed that way and what it actually means? I still don't know... But as long as I understand how to make it go away, I'm going to be satisfied with that... And of course, not using those options will require further foundation and floor and ceiling levels tweaking to get your desired result. I guess I would now want to know in what type of building scenario those options would be considered as viable... A porch perhaps? #hopefullygettingcloser Varying Height Room.plan
  23. It was indeed a struggle, but after spending hours and hours trying to understand the logic of how to use the CAD tools to create simple paths, I finally got it... I have to say though, I may use Illustrator next time and just export as a DXF for something this complicated. It should have only taken 30 min. to create this driveway in CAD if CA made lines like other vector drawing programs... Instead once I got the basic gist of how some of the line tools worked and their unimaginable limitations I managed to effectively crank this out in about 2 hours... after an entire day of learning and frustration... I am satisfied... None-the-less, this still is just an awesome application and just keeps getting better year after year. I just think that in a subsequent release that they might want to consider taking a look at some of the basic functionality features and giving those a sprucing up... Always good to get back to the basics every now and then... Thanks for the tip, that's exactly what I needed... direction in the thought process on the how. I do have another question along these lines but I think I'll ask it in a fresh post so as to focus it in a slightly different direction.
  24. Hello Larry. While I am not nearly an expert at CA, interestingly, I too have been struggling with adding a garage today to a home with an existing basement and having all kinds of anomalies with foundation portions of the Mono Slab coming into the adjacent basement. So, the garage thing was fresh on my mind... I do know that when adding a garage, there is no need to build a foundation separately if the garage will be on a monolithic slab as you had in your plan. I took your plan removed the foundation on level 0 and then on level 1 added the foundation information to the garage in the room specification/structure. While I'm not sure what that message means either, it will no longer be there with level 0 removed. I've added the plan and shots back to show you how I manage to build my garages in CA. I know that this does not necessarily answer your question as to the meaning of the message, but I hope this helps you with moving forward, I know what spending all day on something to no avail is like... Cheers... Oh, and, providing my response to your question just gave me the answer to my all day frustration... I solved my issue! Thanks! vary heights 1.plan