Decking placement issues

JeffDelFavero

Maybe someone can help fix this also as I am still waiting for Chief to now for days to get back to me on this. the attached drawing will show the deck boards on the deck raised above the framing members and cutting into the railing posts and spindles and I am lost as to how to fix this problem, thank you.

post-9463-0-43806900-1462843402_thumb.jpg

It looks like you have your deck structure set incorrectly.  If you were to post the plan we would be able to give you a better answer.  In the meantime, Help>Launch Help (F1) is your friend...get in the habit of using it.  You'll be glad you did. 

I looked at the plan you posted in your other thread.  It looks like you must have changed those deck structure settings at some point. 

First, the New Deck seems to have had the planks removed (Deck room Structure tab>Planks,Joists).  Add a material for the planks to the first layer and then go to the Deck tab and check Automatically regenerate deck framing.

For the Existing Deck, simply check Automatically regenerate deck framing and you should be good to go on that one. 

Hopefully that gets you in the right direction at least.