X6 Angular Wall Intersections Materials Limitations

CJSpud

I do lots of plans with ICF exterior walls.  Below are four different wall types with angular intersections (45 & 90 degrees) and different material definitions for the main layer(s).  Here's the breakdown of wall types, main layer(s) and materials:

A.  X6's Out-of-the Box brick-6 with the main layer being 5.5" framing.  There are several other layers that I haven't listed ... all not included in the main layer.

B.  ICF with 4" exterior stone,[2.75" foam insulation, 6.25" concrete, 2.75" foam insulation], 1/2" drywall.  The three layers in brackets are checked for main layer.

C.  ICF with 4" exterior stone, 11.75" concrete, 1/2" drywall.  The concrete layer is the main layer.

D.  ICF with 4" exterior stone, 11.75" framing, 1/2" drywall.  The framing layer is the main layer.

post-191-0-22094200-1399250877_thumb.jpg          post-191-0-79152900-1399250907_thumb.jpg

For "C", I have swapped out the concrete main layer with "Insulation Air Gap" and "Opening - No Material" and the angular wall intersections (45 degree) show the same gaps.  I experimented with the Wall Intersections settings (Through Wall at Start & Through Wall At End) settings and the only result was that it shift the location of the gaps at the 45 degree wall intersections.  As near as I can tell, this is a bug in the program that needs to be fixed. 

Has anyone else had issues with wall intersections and gaps and ugly lines with materials other than framing as I have experienced? 

The only solution I have found to eliminate the gaps is to keep the main layer as one layer only and make that layer as framing as is shown in "D".

Curt,

Have you tried turning off the Walls, Thru Wall Lines layer?  That's the simplest one.

And don't forget the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool, which will work in a lot of cases. 

• Upvote 1

Glenn:

You are a genious ... I thought about using the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool but for some reason didn't think it would work.  But that was the tool I needed to clean things up with.  Thank you.

Curt,

Glad I could help Curt.

Who would have thunk it was so easy to be a genius (and I can even spell it proper) :) .

If I had known it was that easy to be a genius, I would have been one long ago!