Sign in to follow this  
Korel_Design

Dimension Question And A Doorway Question.

It appears to be normal when you zoom out the dimensions get relatively larger. I really don't want that to happen. Did I miss a check box that keeps the dimensions at the same size relative to the drawing (not get larger) when zooming out.

Question #2: I have always drawn Cased Openings or Arched Openings with double dashed lines showing that there is a headed above. Is there a magical way to show double dashed lines when inserting a cased opening or arched opening aka "Doorway".

More later...

JK

under Preferences, minimum Display Sizes last two on first page....... I use "0"

As for the CO and AO, I draw lines one at a time. sorry, no better answer for now.

• Upvote 1

Door headers have their own layer.  The default it a dashed line.  Make sure you have that layer on.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserTyMN

• By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.

Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?

• By cjanderson66
      Does anyone have a good way of doing a dimension for an arc.  I was so used to AutoCAD's nice way that you could dimension an Arc/Radius easily and have not found one way to do it nicely that I like.  I would love for CA to have an Arc dimension child menu that would be customizable.  I would also like CA to have the the dimension feature a bit more customizable as well as I don't really like the arrows either and would love a bit more of an Architectural arrow.