Sign in to follow this  
Don_Straub_Const

How To Create Exterior Framing Elevations

Thank you in advance for your support. I can create exterior elevations which render in 3D with the skins. But I can not convert them to a framing view. I wish to show the current elevation view, then next to it in the layout file the proposed new elevation, Then create the detail drawings for each proposed new wall opening. I was thinking I could take a elevation shot of the opening and have it show as a framing view and send it to the layout page.  

Thank you  

Don

Hi a quick update,

I have looked through the camera views and toggled different layers on and off. Getting closer. In the "frame" set  toggled everything off but wall framing and sill plate. The siding still remained visible. In the 3D framing view it was too busy with all the walls in the back ground.  Does anybody have a suggest later view set for what I am out to achieve. Or am I on the wrong path here. 

Thank you 

Select the wall.

On the Edit toolbar, select "Open Wall Detail". 

This is an editable view.

Will that do?

• Upvote 1

Where is the break in the picture? Nice Drop. Yes I think so! How do I add dimension? Also which catalog has the standard construction notes in it?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserTyMN

• By Doug_N
      I have a strange problem with floor joists on this project.  Once again a client-supplied file that I have made lots of adjustments to, but when I generate floor joists each room on the second floor generates a rim joist around it, and the joists go all over the place.

Here is a view of the first floor prior to generating joists.

And here is the view of automatically generated joists 

Note the seemingly random direction of joists in closets and in some floor panels.  Why is the program generating floor joists around each second floor room?
      Floor_Framing_Problem.zip
    • By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By Conserva
      So I've drawn up a deck on a second floor but the framing is showing up on the floor below. I feel like I am missing some small detail but I can't figure this one out.