Light Shining Through Solid Objects

warrenwest

Hi,

I have been struggling with these settings to no avail. I have a puck light that shines right through 2 layers of counter top all the way to the floor. The counter top material is set to 'general material' and I have tried other settings to stop this issue but it hasn't helped. What am I doing wrong?

post-2914-0-95049600-1450297611_thumb.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wyattdownsize
    Newest Member
    wyattdownsize

• By decorators3
      Hi

I have been watching the video tutorials on exterior rendering primarily the lighting features and effects .  Can anyone tell me about  PARALLEL lighting placed facing the buildings exterior??? I can't locate  anywhere.  Cad arrow does not convert ...also where do I find the lighting for the interior rooms that show a yellow glow .  I've tried the electrical but only see the auto  LGIHT for ceiling which is a light fixture not a glow.

Its probably so easy but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  My exterior renders are not bad but would be more affective with the features available in said video    

Much thanks 

Levina
    • By EvanDesign
      I'm sort of new to CA and I've noticed that every time I go to set up my PBR it takes me FOREVER to get it looking good. This time however it has taken me forever to make it look good and I still cannot figure out how to fix this.
      Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I find PBR to be so challenging.

• By gridco14
      Hi!

I'm trying to get a wall mounted light inside a skylight well.   So far I figured I could put it on a wall nearby and specify the offset/height to get it to "appear" in the more or less correct place.  This kind of works, but I'm wondering if anyone has a more legit way of doing this?  I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well.

• By shsdesigner
      does anyone have any symbols that look similar to these?

• By raltd9245
      I keep upgrading and all of a sudden I do not have any of the basic Lighting fixtures like a 4' Fluorescent surface mtd fixture.HELP