Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Cripple Studs Are Showing On Some Windows But Not Others.

Those windows aren't very deep (high?) so the cut plane is slicing through the cripple studs below the rough sill, which is why they are showing in the plan view. I don't think we can change the height of the cut plane.

You can either turn off the framing layer altogether or put those particular cripples on their own layer and turn that layer off.  OR, you can make a small CAD mask to cover them.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SD_JDanW
    Newest Member
    SD_JDanW

• By Elvis1111
      I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make a framing schedule for the entire project, and not just wall by wall. 
      We are finding that framing schedules do a better job listing out the members and sizes then the material lists. 
      Thoughts/suggestions? 
    • By ACADuser
      I think I asked this before but can't remember the answer.
      The wall surrounding the Open Below room frame down into the floor area where I have a floor truss.
      Is there a setting that stops this extended wall? I have in the past just modified the framing in the wall detail but would like a better solution.

Thanks

• By eubanks
      Is there a time effective way to do drywall returns? The attached image is the look I am going for, which I had to do with polyline solids. I have tried all the solutions in this forum. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?_fromLogin=CA2&_processLogin=11&csrfKey=e715967502c760b691e12966cba733f8&ref=&code=CSFNSc4fApHaoLJkMIIN_zkZ

1. I am not interested in workarounds (polyline solids, molding profiles, window treatments)
      2. Simply turning off the frame has the fir framing exposed. See second image. I do not want to create new wall types that are solid drywall.
      3. I would be happy if you could paint the frame the drywall color, but it seems Chief does not have the capability to separate the frame from the sash.

I would think that this is a very common detail, and it would be a huge oversight for all the various industries using this program to not have drywall returns. Thank you all for your time.

• By cjanderson66
      I have designed a very large deck and the client wanted to take 2' off in one direction and another 3' in the other.  I have custom framed the deck framing per the engineer and don't want to change the framing.  The problem is that I need to rebuild the deck in order to not show the decking from overhanging the framing.  Is there a way to just rebuild the decking and not the framing of the deck itself. as you can from the rendering shown below you can see that the decking overhangs the decking.  Everytime I rebuild it it changes the framing per CA.

• By Hunter51
      Is there a way to do a cedar lintel above your windows? I am not having any luck. I am going to attach a picture of a house to show what I am trying to achieve. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am still fairly new to Chief and I am trying to learn as much as I can.