Stem wall height changes when building a parallel wall next to it.

HaywardVT

I am probably not the person to offer any help, but what I usually do is create a special wall type for similar situations I ran into on a project I recently completed. I just break the wall at the point where I need to add the interior wall, and then make it a special wall type (you know you can add layers as needed). At least that worked for me.

What exactly did you change with the wall types? And are you talking about the 6" or 4" walls? I tried wall breaks on both to try and fix it but it didn't help, and both of those walls are already custom ones I made. Wall breaks might be the way to go but I think I'm missing something.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FireflyHomes
    Newest Member
    FireflyHomes

• By Emma04
      I use Chief architect pro x14. Is there a way to lock wall length once done with imputing all your walls? Every time I try and use the room divider tool my wall always changes lengths; I thinks its just because of the angle I watched a video on how to fix it and was just wondering if there an option to lock your walls from the dimensions changing and not just being able to select them because of the active layer display . I'm new to Chief architect and when I used Revit it had a lock constraint next to the dimensions line, so I never had this problem before. Does Chief Architect not have this as a feature?
    • By MaggieTS
      Hello! 

I am very new to chief architect so I need some assistance.

I have a two story building where the ceiling height over the living space and part of the mud room has 9ft ceilings where the rest of the house is at 8ft ceilings. I have tried changing the floor height of the upper level but it just changes my overall ceiling height of the lower floor to 8ft. 

In the image I have my file with the pdf of the design below. You can see the beam going down the center (to the left of the stairs). The area to the left has 9ft ceilings with a gable roof above, and the area to the right has 8ft ceilings with another level above.

How can I get the program to recognize I want to change the height over the stairs/part of the laundry/bedroom etc?

Thank you!

• By PJS-59
      I have a question on creating wall caps.
      I have a plan with 12" Concrete Wall w/ 2" interior drywall for the basement exterior walls. 
      The 1st floor has 6" Siding exterior walls.
      I have a U-Shaped stairs from basement to 1st floor in back left corner.
      I want to place a wall cap over exposed basement wall where basement meets 1st floor in stair well.
      How do I handle this?  I can't find in documentation anywhere.

Sample 3D Picture with red arrow where I want "wall cap".

• By AndrewSopher
      Hello,

I have been working on a stepped foundation and was wondering why in the cross section for the foundation it does not display the entire wall length? It seems to extend only until the perpendicular wall intersects it. I was wondering if there is a way to change this and if not what are the easiest ways around this or to accurately measure it in the floor plan view. I attached an image (in this case there is a 4'' gap on the left side and a 3'' gap on the right side of the screenshot). Thanks. 
    • By AndrewSopher
      Hello, 

I was wondering if there is a way to create a reverse ledge in the foundation (walkout basement). I only want the ledge to be 3'' in height and 2'' in depth. It allows us to get the grade higher, as well as allowing the floor to sit flush with the top of wall. I have seen the tutorial for brick ledges on the exterior but nothing for a reverse ledge (facing the interior of the house). This is being used in a walkout basement for reference. Thank you. The attached image is not drawn to scale and is obviously missing a few key elements to the foundation but it is just there for a easy reference.