HaywardVT

Stem wall height changes when building a parallel wall next to it.

I need to have an interior wall between the stem wall and the shower/tub, when I connect the wall to the other interior walls the foundation drops. I've checked defaults and room and wall specs and can't figure it out. Stem wall should be 110".

post-8426-0-95473000-1447958028_thumb.png

post-8426-0-54860500-1447958039_thumb.png

Johnson Lot 43.plan

I am probably not the person to offer any help, but what I usually do is create a special wall type for similar situations I ran into on a project I recently completed. I just break the wall at the point where I need to add the interior wall, and then make it a special wall type (you know you can add layers as needed). At least that worked for me.

What exactly did you change with the wall types? And are you talking about the 6" or 4" walls? I tried wall breaks on both to try and fix it but it didn't help, and both of those walls are already custom ones I made. Wall breaks might be the way to go but I think I'm missing something.

Try making the wall a non definition wall,  that way it will not have a bearing on the foundation.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SD_JDanW
    Newest Member
    SD_JDanW

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?
    • By JasonMWebb
      Is there a way to generate the vertical cell reinforcement objects in a CMU foundation plan? I am looking for something along the lines of what is in this diagram (from another system). It is a common requirement for foundations. Please refer to the small squares grouped at the corners of the foundation drawing attached. Note that I am using Chief Architect Premier X12 (latest build).

The detail drawing for this object would look similar to this:

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.