HaywardVT

Stem wall height changes when building a parallel wall next to it.

I need to have an interior wall between the stem wall and the shower/tub, when I connect the wall to the other interior walls the foundation drops. I've checked defaults and room and wall specs and can't figure it out. Stem wall should be 110".

post-8426-0-95473000-1447958028_thumb.png

post-8426-0-54860500-1447958039_thumb.png

Johnson Lot 43.plan

I am probably not the person to offer any help, but what I usually do is create a special wall type for similar situations I ran into on a project I recently completed. I just break the wall at the point where I need to add the interior wall, and then make it a special wall type (you know you can add layers as needed). At least that worked for me.

What exactly did you change with the wall types? And are you talking about the 6" or 4" walls? I tried wall breaks on both to try and fix it but it didn't help, and both of those walls are already custom ones I made. Wall breaks might be the way to go but I think I'm missing something.

Try making the wall a non definition wall,  that way it will not have a bearing on the foundation.

• Upvote 1