Random lines in 3d mode

shanecarman

Hello,

I keep having an issue where random lines appear in 3d mode.  The lines move around when panning the model.  It only seems to affect roofs and flooring.  Sometimes if I change a random setting or open any menu, it will stop.  Other times this does not work and I cannot stop the issue.  Any advice?

Here is a video of the issue.

Issue in Floor Plan.mov

That is called "z-fighting" - I've had that problem too.  It has various causes such as distance of camera and thickness of surfaces.  For one recent issue, I had to increase the thickness of my top roof layer slightly.  Do a search on z-fighting and there are several posts with suggested fixes you can try.  Good luck...

So I just tried that on a large multi-acre site plan where I get a lot of z-fighting on the roofs and terrain in particular when the camera is far away doing a full-site overview.  But the problem got worse when I tried smaller increments, but in this case, fixed the problem when I did a larger increment - 60" in this case.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't remember if I heard that one before but it is an easy fix.