Cat 5 Symbol Off Center In Plan

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

When I place a Cat5 symbol in plan the dimensions snap to one side- but the same dimensions is centered in elevation and I would guess 3D view.

Generate block loses the universal symbol and turns it into a wall plate in plan.

Is there a way to force it to snap to the center in plan?

I have locate quite a few of these to fix cabinet locations -they flipped the cabinets for the offices on second floor but forgot to flip the electric and the exec secy and CEO office were not even thought about. It would help if I can get things looking right in both plan and elevation.

post-85-0-29921400-1430263385_thumb.png

post-85-0-51790300-1430263395_thumb.png

• Solution

Mark,

I just checked out the issue you're talking about.  It looks like the dimensions aren't snapping to the edge of the CAT 5 symbol in plan, they're snapping to the center of the 2D block assigned to that symbol which is the reason for the discrepancy.  As far as I can tell the only way to fix it is to create a new block without the words "CAT 5" or with those words centered on the little triangle symbol. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michael- I'd sort of guessed that but couldn't figure out how to change it. Your post spurred me on that it was possible- just got it. I kept trying to select a new block and then "generate block" which didn't work. Thanks again.