richoffan Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 It's a tool. I agree CA should keep improving the tech side 'cause the 'jus fer perdy is covered. I've also been working on taking a pdf of construction docs uploaded to Chat GPT and asking for a complete material list. Gonna make that obsolete soon to - unless of course they just integrate it into the program without reinventing the wheel. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
basketballman Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 Claude is probably a little better for deriving accurate, detailed take offs been using it for some time Construction_Estimate Sample(1).xlsx 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Renerabbitt Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 (edited) 11 hours ago, HartDeNoble said: porches we did get a very important update to porches that im fairly certain wasnt a small undertaking: This setting makes it much easier to have a porch overhang Also, the rendering team has a lot more autonomy, their coding isnt so heavily intertwined with the rest of the 30 year old code. I know from the outside looking in that it looks like more development efforts are going into rendering but really its an easier part of the software to develop for. BTW the rendering team is who gave us cladding, which I think is a big improvement to the condocs. 11 hours ago, HartDeNoble said: all departments should focus on those things This is not how software development works. We would not pull our electricians from what they are doing to go focus on the current post tension foundation system. Also keep in mind, development is pre-planned, a year ago ai was barely workable for rendering replacement... more than two years ago is when these rendering features began their development. The renderin team is currently working on the rebuilding of the terrain tools rn for the next software release. "Rendering" is also just a vastly overperforming marketing word and focus, at the end of the day we all want chief to sell more copies so that they can fund more development. 5 hours ago, HartDeNoble said: front porches/screen porch control go pickup Steve Nestors wildly underpriced suite of screen porch tools Edited September 25 by Renerabbitt Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HartDeNoble Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 12 hours ago, Renerabbitt said: we did get a very important update to porches that im fairly certain wasnt a small undertaking: This setting makes it much easier to have a porch overhang Also, the rendering team has a lot more autonomy, their coding isnt so heavily intertwined with the rest of the 30 year old code. I know from the outside looking in that it looks like more development efforts are going into rendering but really its an easier part of the software to develop for. BTW the rendering team is who gave us cladding, which I think is a big improvement to the condocs. This is not how software development works. We would not pull our electricians from what they are doing to go focus on the current post tension foundation system. Also keep in mind, development is pre-planned, a year ago ai was barely workable for rendering replacement... more than two years ago is when these rendering features began their development. The renderin team is currently working on the rebuilding of the terrain tools rn for the next software release. "Rendering" is also just a vastly overperforming marketing word and focus, at the end of the day we all want chief to sell more copies so that they can fund more development. go pickup Steve Nestors wildly underpriced suite of screen porch tools I do have Steve Nestors screen porch tools, I have had them for a number of years, they are a big help. You definitely have a much better understanding of how the development process goes.I lacked understanding of how it all is intertwined together, so i shouldn't be so quick to reply to things I do not fully understand. My point was there is a lot of users including myself that want the focus to be on tools and drafting features that have been neglected for a number of years, and are needing to be revamped for more user control (I know I am generalizing but you get the idea). 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now