Terrain

Rashid_Garuba

Hello,

Trying to do a walk out on the left side of this house.. I have 4 Elevation splines drawn at 1034, 1040, 1050,  1060, and 1068... As well as a flat region.. What is the spike in the terrain? And the Flat region is not affecting the terrain as it should... X6 File..

Thanks

post-978-0-89326800-1429637113_thumb.png

BTW,  what I noticed on this plan is Rashid is using some FLAT REGIONS,  a FLAT REGION? What the heck is that?  I have never used one.

What is a FLAT REGION?  Well,  it does not have a defined elevation,  I have not fully investigated it,  but why would someone use a FLAT REGION in lieu of a ELEVATION REGION.

With a ELEVATION REGION,  you can defined the elevation of region,  with a FLAT ELEVATION REGION you cannot define the elevation.  So why use one in lieu of the other.

Inquiring minds want to know.

From the X6 Reference manual:

Elevation Regions are similar to Flat Regions 
in that they produce an area with a flat
surface; however, they differ in that an
Elevation Region affects the contours of the 
terrain outside of its perimeter and may also
have some sloping within its perimeter.

Scott.. I was wondering why there were no elevation options... Soooo many variations of tools in Chief (More dimension types than any other program I have used)... Enough to be dangerous... So it is Elev regions only from here on...

Any idea why the splines seem to have no effect on the terrain... ?

Thanks

From the X6 Reference manual:

Elevation Regions are similar to Flat Regions 
in that they produce an area with a flat
surface; however, they differ in that an
Elevation Region affects the contours of the 
terrain outside of its perimeter and may also
have some sloping within its perimeter.

Okay Robert,  so you have to go to the reference manual to find out how it works...   now that I think of it,  it's a darn good approach.

But Robert,  I have not looked into this yet......  but suppose you put a FLAT REGION across multiple elevation lines.......  do you think the FLAT REGION takes the average elevation of the elevation lines.........  nuts,  I suppose I should read the manual....