Dimensions

SIMPLYDESIGNNC

Is there a way to save the settings from one of the plans in the chief gallery to be the default settings on my program?  I have been using chief for about 6 weeks, and feel confident in my abilities, except when it comes to setting up my default dimensions.  I have reviewed the Fire/Ice Kitchen and would like to incorporate those settings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Dimension defaults are about to do me in!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie go to preferences, scroll down to new plans open that and there is a place for plan templete and layout templete find the file you want the program to open with each time and put it in those boxes and each time you open chief it will open to that file, 

I would do a "Save As" of the Fire and Ice Plan ,say as "My Template Plan"  to the Chief Data Folder>Templates   then delete everything from the Plan file so it is blank then save it again so you would have a blank plan each time you open a new plan but still have all the preference setup as you want.

Sample plans don't come with the Layout file ,so you will still need to set one up for yourself . but there are tutorials in the KnowledgeBase (KB)

M.