How To Delete Changed Material Regions

AlexAncon

Go to solution Solved by AlexAncon,

I had asked awhile back about creating expansion joints in a stucco exterior and was directed to use the material region tool which worked well.  The problem I have now is that I need to change some of them and even after completely deleting the wall and replacing it, the material region changes remain.  Is there a way to remove them without having to start totally over from scratch?

post-4217-0-93740700-1427669922_thumb.png

Tried turning off the other layers and deleting the material region, but whatever it was doing is still there.  One additional issue, I didn't copy all the defaults in the section layer set display and I don't find anywhere to return them to the defaults. I think the material region tool actually cut away areas of the walls because the interior roof structure is now visible  

Alex,

You do have a problem with your MR's.

I believe it is because you have made them all zero thickness.

I couldn't even see them in a 3D view until I deleted one of the windows, then they appeared.

I can't select them in any 3D view.

I have no problem deleting them in plan.

Go to plan view and turn off the display of all the layers except the Material Region layer. 

While you are there make that layer red with a 200 line weight.

You should now be able to see the MR in the plan view where you can select and delete them.

If you are using a MR again, do not make its thickness zero - how is a zero thickness meant to work?

One other thing I noticed was that you have a lot of Layout Layer sets created. 

Unless you really wanted these for a particular reason, I would turn that option off.

There is an option in the Send to Layout dbx called Make Copy of Active Layer Set - uncheck it.

Oh yes, if you are going to play around with the layer sets, just make a copy of one before you start and use that one.

Or in this case, use the All Off set and only turn on the MR layer - easy to go back then.

• Solution

Thank you!  I will give that a go.  The zero thickness was part of the experiment to get the expansion joints in the stucco to show up in the 3D views (never did get that to work).  Thanks for the tip on layer sets.  Is there also a way to delete the camera views so that the counts on the elevations reset?  For instance I have elevations and sections that are up into the hundreds but I'm actually only going to use about 40 of them.

You have noticed that the foundation is totally wrong, but it is being designed by an engineer and I will ultimately delete the one from CA before then plans are submitted for permitting.

And thanks for the "turn off all" tip.  That did the trick.  

With many thanks!

The zero thickness was part of the experiment to get the expansion joints in the stucco to show up in the 3D views (never did get that to work).

Alex,

OK, I have had another look.

Not only are they zero thickness (which may work OK), but they have a material definition of "Opening (No Material)", which will make them transparent.

So...give them a thickness (even if it is very small) and give them a material that you can see.