New Computer Issue

amymortenson

Hello, I purchased an out of the box new desktop computer last week (see specs in signature) It was a definite upgrade from my poor 5 year old laptop which treated me very well. However, I am struggling with my system still being slow when I am in Chief. Especially when in 3D standard and even worse in PBR views. Previously, even with my old laptop I was able to modify and move/change items in 3d view. I am definitely no computer wiz, are there some "tweaks" I should be adjusting to make my system a bit faster? Or did I purchase a bad model?

Thanks for any advice. 

2 hours ago, amymortenson said:

Hello, I purchased an out of the box new desktop computer last week (see specs in signature) It was a definite upgrade from my poor 5 year old laptop which treated me very well. However, I am struggling with my system still being slow when I am in Chief. Especially when in 3D standard and even worse in PBR views. Previously, even with my old laptop I was able to modify and move/change items in 3d view. I am definitely no computer wiz, are there some "tweaks" I should be adjusting to make my system a bit faster? Or did I purchase a bad model?

Thanks for any advice. 

post your plan file. you might have something that is slowing it down, especially if you imported something from say 3d warehouse