Wall Niche Symbol Library

Joe_Carrick

I've discovered some ways to improve all of this so the Niches, etc will automatically insert into the wall.  They will also be created with custom Layers so the opening will be transparent in Vector Views.

These modifications will essentially make the Symbols insert into the wall with no other editing required except to change materials as desired.

I will be making those changes and posting new Libraries in the next couple of days.  I will start a new thread for those and when they are ready I will delete this thread.

I think the above statement is going to fix what is not perfect with the symbols as of now.  

1.   the w/d/ hook up isn't perfect.  It seems as if the "HOLE" is not in alinement with the frame of the niche.

2.   the hole symbols do not auto locate in plan.  I must select the niche and slide into wall.  Extra editing not good

3.   In vector view,  the hole is solid,  perfect in render,  not so in vector.  You said we could get rid of the material in  vector with the cost of not being able to select the hole.  Seems like a pretty darn good trade off.

4.   Would be better if once place,  if the symbol itself was a solid fill to hide the "pocheing" of the wall.

Really good stuff Joe,  best solutions to date by far.

I think the above statement is going to fix what is not perfect with the symbols as of now.  

1.   the w/d/ hook up isn't perfect.  It seems as if the "HOLE" is not in alinement with the frame of the niche.

2.   the hole symbols do not auto locate in plan.  I must select the niche and slide into wall.  Extra editing not good

3.   In vector view,  the hole is solid,  perfect in render,  not so in vector.  You said we could get rid of the material in  vector with the cost of not being able to select the hole.  Seems like a pretty darn good trade off.

4.   Would be better if once place,  if the symbol itself was a solid fill to hide the "pocheing" of the wall.

Really good stuff Joe,  best solutions to date by far.

1.  This is a CAD vs Model problem - mostly vertical depending on what's on the other side of the wall.  We need Chief to fix that.

2.  New system will fix this

3.  I'm opting for a Custom Layer solution for the Vector Views.  I could do the other way but until Chief fixes #1.....The Layer solution is IMO better.

4.  That's not possible currently without being able to offset the 2D Block.