General Q&a Subject Catagory?

TheKitchenAbode

Just putting this out for general comment.

I have noticed in my brief time of exposure to this forum that it contains a wealth of invaluable knowledge contributed to by participants from many differing fields of endeavor. The diversified nature of Chief Architect with it's many differing tools and methods, results in techniques that are highly unique to a particular users needs and area of focus.

Under the forums current structure this uniqueness is often overlooked. For example, there has been a lively discussion headed "Wall Niche" containing many differing ways to accomplish this. They all differ, but are in themselves all valid when one takes into account the commenters needs. From the posts it appears that contributors are from at least 3 or more differing fields of endeavor; Architectural, Interior Design (my field) and General Construction. Just wondering if there was a way to bring this to the forefront so users and forum participants may narrow down more rapidly techniques that may be more suitable to their specific needs or participate in discussions more focused in their area of endeavor. Please do not construe this as a desire to segregate the forum, input from all fields is vital and required, and everything should to be vetted from varying perspectives.

An easy way to accomplish this might be to add a field description in the Topic Title.

Wall Niche (Framing)

Wall Niche (Architectural)

Wall Niche (Interior)

Something like this could be quickly adopted.

I am certain there are many other suggestions or comments, looking forward to hearing them.

Graham