move group of items in elevation view

Larry-H

I created the infill to a stair rail with 3D solid objects and want to group them in elevation view how to do - I can use the marquee tool in plan view but how to in elevation view?  i am a newbie and 83 years old so be kind:unsure:

Concept .jpg

2 hours ago, Larry-H said:

I created the infill to a stair rail with 3D solid objects and want to group them in elevation view how to do - I can use the marquee tool in plan view but how to in elevation view?  i am a newbie and 83 years old so be kind:unsure:

Concept .jpg

Can you tell us more, why are you trying to group them, what is your end goal? What was the infill for, there may have been a better method we could point you to. The screenshot doesnt show solids in a stair rail. Consider posting you .plan file for the project.

Thank you for the  responce -  I used the stair rail posts and rail created from the stair tool  and filled in the ballusters with 3d solids  (1"x 1" black) and wanted to save the infill as a group to repurpose for the shorter end of stairs rail- It was a lengthy procedure to accomplish using 3D solids- the only way i could see to group these items as a unit was in plan view which for many reasons was impossible in that view- that was why i was interested if a group could be made in section view- then with a combination of plan view and section  view I 8-4.plan concept.plancould manipulate the group into place- no doubt there is a simpler way - i am not familiar yet as to the working of all the tools and their locations ):  BTW;  I did cobble this togethher for a view for subs so it wasnt designed as a complete plan, I somewhat designed this in 3D    not sure how to upload file, said it was too large

22 minutes ago, Larry-H said:

Thank you for the  responce -  I used the stair rail posts and rail created from the stair tool  and filled in the ballusters with 3d solids  (1"x 1" black) and wanted to save the infill as a group to repurpose for the shorter end of stairs rail- It was a lengthy procedure to accomplish using 3D solids- the only way i could see to group these items as a unit was in plan view which for many reasons was impossible in that view- that was why i was interested if a group could be made in section view- then with a combination of plan view and section  view I 8-4.plan concept.plancould manipulate the group into place- no doubt there is a simpler way - i am not familiar yet as to the working of all the tools and their locations ):  BTW;  I did cobble this togethher for a view for subs so it wasnt designed as a complete plan, I somewhat designed this in 3D    not sure how to upload file, said it was too large

Larry make sure to quote or mension me for faster responses so I get notified.
you attached a plan and then deleted the attachment so it is not downloadable.
Do you have a photo of what you are trying to accomplish..I have a feeling you are missing a very crucial capability of the railing tools.
Can you try posting the plan again?

4 hours ago, Larry-H said:

Renerabbitt

I zipped the file but pop up still said it was to big and  I sent the wrong PDF originally I attached is the
PDF of what I was trying to accomplish

Concept4.jpg

Select your solids and in your edit toolbar use the convert selected to symbol tool and convert to the symbol class millwork. Then change your railing style to panels and apply your new millwork as the panel