Material Region - Disapear

Ange822

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

Good morning, 

I have been using material regions as battens for my board and batten siding, and it has been a game changer / time save to cut around windows (thank you @robdyck for that suggestion). However when in a 3D camera view, whenever I go to edit something / change a material etc., the material regions seem to disappear / re appear. Is it because I have them as blocks in different areas? I have taken a screen share video to show the battens disappearing.

Thank you in advance! :)

• Solution

Hi Ange, I can't tell you why Chief does this but it's them, not you:) Some items simply don't rebuild or update when other items are adjusted or rebuilt. I would expect that if you moved back to your plan view, select a single material region, open / close without changing anything, the material regions should rebuild. 

It's possible that only the selected material region will rebuild and if that's the case, then select all mat regions using the match properties tool, open / close with no adjustments, then go back to the camera view.

Another option in that camera view, would be to select the left wall, open / close with no adjustments.

Also, it's possible that F12 might rebuild them but often F12 doesn't rebuild these items in this type of scenario.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Hi Ange, I can't tell you why Chief does this but it's them, not you:) Some items simply don't rebuild or update when other items are adjusted or rebuilt. I would expect that if you moved back to your plan view, select a single material region, open / close without changing anything, the material regions should rebuild. 

It's possible that only the selected material region will rebuild and if that's the case, then select all mat regions using the match properties tool, open / close with no adjustments, then go back to the camera view.

Another option in that camera view, would be to select the left wall, open / close with no adjustments.

Also, it's possible that F12 might rebuild them but often F12 doesn't rebuild these items in this type of scenario.

Hi Rob, that's great  thank you very much! I will try F12 but open / closing properties does help!

Thank you for the quick reply! Maybe the issue will be resolved in a future version :).

• Like 1