Can I remove object fills or make translucent in vector view? Or Highlight a layer in glasshouse?

k445742

Go to solution Solved by ValleyGuy,

I'm trying o make an elevation view that shows where outlets will be on the wall in relation to cabinetry or furniture and am trying to see if there is a way to show just the outline of a layer and not eh fill or materials, in vector view.

I like vector view as the electrical components are highlighted in red.

Glass house could work as well but then the electrical components are as grey as everything else.

Even line drawing does not show what's behind the furnishing. 

Is there any way to make an object or layer display just it's outlines with no fills or materials?

Or to make that layer translucent?

See image: I can change the outline of the objects to be bright green, but cannot get rid of the fill, and replacing it with glass or air gap just makes it white.

2024-07-26 09_28_27-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

2024-07-26 09_28_20-Chief Architect Premier X13.png

Don't think so, but if you take that elevation and create a CAD Detail from View, you an select/block/copy a CAD version of a thing back into the Elevation (copy/Paste Hold Position should still work in elevations for this), then even if something is obscured you can show the CAD outline of the thing.

CAD Detail from View will just take whatever's on the screen, too, so if you just want the electrical components, switch to the All Off layer set, turn on just electrical, CAD Detail from View, copy everything in the detail, go back to the elevation and set it back to your normal section layerset, turn off electrical, and paste/hold position. Probably You'd want to open them and set them to a new Layer probably, too.

Obviously this means they're no longer synced to the actual plan/model so you'll have to manually move these details should the plan change, but that'll get the style you're looking for.

• Upvote 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, k445742 said:

Is there any way to make an object or layer display just it's outlines with no fills or materials?

Does this get close to what you are after?

1) Make a copy of your plan.

2)  In the copy Plan; Make a layer set of just the electrical

3) In the Original Plan: take a back clipped elevation in glass house and turn off the electrical layer. Use reference display of the copy plan electrical only in vector view. (You may want to tone down the glass house colour and make it very transparent.)

402503239_ElectricalinGlassHouse.thumb.png.94efa63ad081c76f2d87ca35d4100040.png

• Upvote 1