Create a Glass Bottle Wall Insert

Drew-PRH

Well Good Day!

I've got 12" Earthen Walls.

Windows and placement no problem.

We would also like to have inserted into the wall from interior to exterior something like -> two glass bottles with the necks cut off and placed cut to cut.

Or one end of the bottle on the Interior and one end of the bottle on the Exterior.

Imagine two colored wine bottles fitted together.

I tried making a 3D solid in glass, however it was not transparent allowing light to go through.

What options might there be to accomplish this task, having glass on both interior and exterior??

The included image is a bit overkill, however the same idea.

Thank you!

- Drew

bottle-wall.jpg

It is possible to create a round window by making it a round top arch and then using the "reflect vertically" option.  You could make them smaller than 6" by editing them in an elevation view.  Turning off the casing, sash, sill, and frame will look ok dead on but you will only get a glass surface in the middle of the wall instead of on both sides.

Another thing that might work better would be to create an electrical light symbol that just sits on the wall surface.  Would be similar to a flush mount light that sits on the ceiling.  You could make them various sizes and colors and they would look like they were letting light through when turned on.  The part that would be a pain is having one on the inside and a matching one on the outside and keeping them lined up.  Might be able to create a light fixture that is actually embedded in the wall by modifying the 3D origin.

Yes I did first try the window option as noted.  And did get close to the particular look.  However when changing to any colored glass option it became a solid and not transparent.

The second option does sound a bit time consuming as you mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Drew

1779552169_InteriorWindowBottleView.thumb.jpg.9ecfec41ad0cae0f4ae49f3008114106.jpg

Exterior Window Bottle View.jpg