Why won't text macro execute?

KristjanM

I have a rectangle with a label - macro values for perimeter and area plus two macros for perimeter and area using number formatter. All values display correctly. In a text box, I place exactly the same text as in the label. The two built in macros for perimeter and area display but the number format macros don't work. Can this actually work? Different syntax in the text box?

Macro in Text Box.jpg

4 minutes ago, KristjanM said:

I have a rectangle with a label - macro values for perimeter and area plus two macros for perimeter and area using number formatter. All values display correctly. In a text box, I place exactly the same text as in the label. The two built in macros for perimeter and area display but the number format macros don't work. Can this actually work? Different syntax in the text box?

Macro in Text Box.jpg

youd have to script in logic for owner vs referenced or simply make a new macro that is referenced, or put in %referenced.area%

Okay, interesting. If I put refenced into the number format macro, it now works in the text box. However, now it doesn't work in the label. Seems like two macros are required for the different uses. Thanks for the help.

So at the beginning of the macros add this:

• referenced ? obj=referenced : obj=owner

then add 

• obj.

in front of each of the lines that are displaying the data

That will make the macros work for whichever way they are being used.

You might want to look at my template in https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/39977-macro-coding-template/