Construction Lines w/ Dimensions - Display All Floors

JKEdmo

Using construction lines for first time in Chief and liking them.

I have them set to display on all floors.  So far so good.

image.thumb.png.39b011d69260d97ff5861f638471489b.png

But, I'd like to dimension them.  I don't suppose there is a setting that allows dimensions to display on all floors also?

Thanks,

Jim

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

You could place those specific dimensions on a unique layer and the use a custom reference layer set to show them on other floors. 

Steve, I tried what you suggested, but display of dimensions still is affected by floor level.  (I think I understand the concept -- draw everything I need for gridlines and their associated dimensions and then bring it into other floors as a Reference Display?)

BASSETT 2 - PROPOSED.zip

Jim -

Create a dimension default that you will use to dimension only the construction lines. These dimensions should be on their own layer.

Then...create a REF SET (which you had already done) and the only layer on in this set should be the layer you created for these dimensions. 

Examine the attached plan. If you go to the 2nd floor...you will see the referenced dimensions.  

BASSETT 2 - PROPOSED - Ref Dim Fix.zip

14 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Jim -

Create a dimension default that you will use to dimension only the construction lines. These dimensions should be on their own layer.

Then...create a REF SET (which you had already done) and the only layer on in this set should be the layer you created for these dimensions. 

Examine the attached plan. If you go to the 2nd floor...you will see the referenced dimensions.  

BASSETT 2 - PROPOSED - Ref Dim Fix.zip 10.5 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you Steve for taking time out to look at this.

I'll have to study this further in the morning.

Jim