Cross section of a 3D solid doesn't show outline of the object

Go to solution Solved by kMoquin,

When I want to show a sloped concrete slab, I make a 3D solid showing the slope. Then when doing a rendering "things" look correct, but when I do a cross section of the sloped slab the outline of the slab doesn't show. Is there a way to get the sloped 3D solid to show in a cross section? I guess this goes for any 3D solid. I know I can just draw a polyline, but on more complicated 3D solid this really gets to be a real pain and very time consuming. 

Chief sees faces of 3d objects so that's normal behavior. That's the reason that the foundation, walls, and slab are all empty too.

I sure hope that Chief will allow us to slope floors sooner than later...this has been requested for many, many years. The new Poche tool in x16 beta would fix this beautifully if the floors could slope.

(per what Kevin said below, if you only want to show the outline then make sure the layer is on)

Kevin...................My bad. The layers for my 3D solids were on, but when I went through all my layers, lo and behold, my "cross section lines" were turn off. Somehow, from the "get go" of this project, that layer must have been turned off. I was sure I didn't use to have this problem. Nothing to blame but me and "old mind". :)  Thanks for giving me a "heads up" on double checking layers. Have a great day 

• Upvote 1