How to draw electrical connections on a different layer?

DIYJon

I have a layer set intended to show connections between lights, and I have another layer set to show connections between receptacles.  There are two layers for this in each layer set:

Electrical, Connections, Lighting

Electrical, Connections, Receptacles.

I've created a view for each, and each view has the appropriate layer set assigned.

When I'm viewing all of the views for Receptacles, including the layer set that has Receptacles layer on and lighting layer off, when I draw a connection between receptacles, I'm prompted to turn on the layer for lighting connections.

I have selected the Receptacle layer as the active CAD layer, but it doesn't seem to matter.  Is there somewhere else that I need to tell CA to draw connections on a specific layer?  

If you are still using X13. I think the electrical connections will always go onto the system layer and you can't change that before drawing.  You can either draw them on the system layer and then change them after the fact or you could maybe just draw a spline instead (which will go on the default cad layer).

In X16, you can now change the defaults for the electrical connections to put them on a different layer if you want.