Print Hangs

Adam_Gibson

My office computer crashed and I'm having to work on a laptop. For some reason I can't print. As soon as I hit the print button (or File>Print) the program hangs forever. I get the little turning wheel thing and can't use Chief. Have to Ctrl>Alt>Del and force it to close. Everything else works. I'm stumped! All I want is to print PDFs!

I can print it to a .pdf for you to get you through until you get if figured out with Customer Service.  Just send me the files and page sizes you need them in.  If it hangs on me too, that might help diagnose the issue since we would know it is not your computer configuration.

My office computer crashed and I'm having to work on a laptop. For some reason I can't print. As soon as I hit the print button (or File>Print) the program hangs forever. I get the little turning wheel thing and can't use Chief. Have to Ctrl>Alt>Del and force it to close. Everything else works. I'm stumped! All I want is to print PDFs!

Adam, if you're talking about printing to make a PDF, then I'm having that problem too when the layout is fairly large. It will make it though if you just wait and let it do it. I never had this problem in previous versions. I haven't tried it in X7 yet since I just downloaded it.

On a large layout, after I hit print, it may take anywhere from 1 minute to 2 minutes to bring up the box to name it and save it. Naming it and saving it goes fast. The smaller the layout, the faster it goes. This is the only thing using the program that takes any time to do. Like I mentioned, I didn't have this problem in X5 and previous versions.